Sunday, August 03, 2008

FARMER BOB

It is the middle of summer. The backyard is alive with fruit and beauty.

Wifey's roses.
The Santa Rosa plum tree is chock full of plums.
The early crop of apples will soon be ripe enough to eat.
And the lemon tree's fruit is turning from green to yellow. We use a lot of lemons and limes in our cooking.

Not pictured are:

The tomato plants which didn't do as well as they did last year. Should have changed the soil in their containers or at least mixed new mulch into them.

The Kumquat tree has blossomed and is just starting to display a nice array of fruit.

The fig tree which is laden with fruit much to the delight of night creatures such as possums and raccoons.

The lime tree planted several years ago has yet to bear fruit. Maybe next year. . .

Then there's the "mushrooms" growing in the lawn. . . . One crop that we can do without.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Fantastic!
I remember as a kid we had all kinds of fruit. Rhubarb (is that a fruit?), Persimmons, two grape vines, apples, cherry tree, walnut tree, pappaw tree (like a banana), fresh mint. And then I remember my papaw's (my grandfather)yard with blackberries and his big ole garden with corn, cucumbers, green onions. I wish I had a green thumb and some motivation to cultivate.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bob said...

Blessed: You're a busy lady. Once you have a little more time on your hands I can see you getting that green thumb.
XXXXXXXXXXXXback to you, too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States