Friday, March 23, 2007

SAY CHEEEESE!

The wife asked me smile and tilt my head. Why? I have no idea. I hate having my picture taken. Take a good look because you won't see many more on this blog.

Did you read the article that Chinese food is bad for you? I only thought that Chinese food made for a glossier head of hair. All the oil and grease they use in preparing Chinese food must do that.

Why is good for us these days. Every time I pick up a paper it's don't eat this and don't eat that. Or, eat more of this and lots of that. On the "must eat list" is crap food like barbecued tofu. Ever try to barbecue tofu? I did once. What a mess.

Here I'm eating sweet and sour pork. The pork was breaded so that can't be too good for you. Also on the plate is Wham, Bam, Thank You Mam chicken. It must have been cooked in a lot of oil for it was very slippery.

How can something so tasty be so very bad for your health?

Busy day on Friday. We'll do Lowe's to pick out plants for a new planting area in front of the house. There's a home show at the fair grounds. Lunch out on Friday seems like a good thing to do today. Or, maybe an early dinner and beat the Friday night crowds.

In a week workers that we've hired will be tearing up most of the house. Yes, it remodel time at Old Bob's homestead. We will be living in our trailer that is parked alongside the house. There will be pictures.

TGIF means Toes Go In First. Don't forget this most important rule for putting your shoes on in the morning.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shells Bells said...

whomever told you Chinese food was bad for you is a lunatic.

Bob said...

The culprit was the American press with an article last week that appeared in most newspapers. The article cited recent research on "American made" Chinese food. It said that most American made restaurant prepared Chinese food contained lots of saturated oil and fats. Like you, I don't always believe what I read, especially in America.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States