Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ATTACK OF THE WHITE HEADED PEOPLE

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

This could be the theme for a Japanese horror film: White headed invaders from outer space.

I filled the truck up with two buck eighty-five cent diesel (35 gallons worth) Friday. As I stood outside the truck waiting for it to fill with fuel I looked over at the Swim, play move! ad pasted on the billboard just north of where I was standing.

Why are retired people with screwed up body parts being picked on? We don't need reminding that a hip or knee replacement is in our future.

A new Corvette, a curvy blonde chick . . . that's what I want in my future not some damn knee replacement procedure. How about a billboard with that on it?

Following our stop for diesel we headed to the fairgrounds. The once a year home show had just opened and we wanted new ideas for our home.

We were a bit early for the 1:00 p.m. opening of the show but already there was a long line of white headed people quite a ways down the parking lot. Who were these guys? Not working, that's for sure.

During the week I notice a lot of what appears to be older retired people out and about. There's a lot of them. They say this is the trend, that a good portion of the population is about retire.

The long lines of white headed people is going to get even longer. With gasoline at 3 bucks a gallon it's a cinch that they're not going to be traveling any distance. They'll just stay home, hang out at home shows and get knee or hip replacements. Hey! It's something to do, isn't it?

I don't want to be one of those white headed people for I'm much too young to become "one of them".

Time to buy some Grecian Formula, don't you think?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States