Monday, June 01, 2009

MAKING A LIVING - - MAKING A BUCK

Today in America making a buck isn't always easy. Ya gotta back a buck when and where you can. Take this guy for example. It's lunch hour on a busy corner. He's wearing a cheese head and carrying a sign hawking the lunch special at Round Table. I just had to shoot this picture while I waited for the light to turn from red to green.

I've got to hand it to him. If you need a buck there's nothing not worth doing unless it's illegal. This guy is doing just that. Dignity aside, I'll bet he's doing a little self talk on how important it is for him to finish his education so he's able to move on to something else.

Or maybe this guy grooves on standing on the street corner wearing a cheese head. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind that job. Bob is known for being a cheesy kind of guy. Why not flaunt it on the corner of a busy street in Cow Town? And there are much harder ways to earn minimum wage pay in this town. During the summer the temperature often climbs to over 100. That's when getting paid minimum wage to dig a ditch or to repair roofs on houses is probably not the healthiest thing to do.

When you come right down to it, cheese heading it on a street corner really isn't half bad.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

La Roo said...

You gotta do, what you gotta do. I just respect the heck out of people that set their pride aside and just do whatever it is they need to do to survive. I don't know if it matters if he has an education or not these days. Highly educated people are being laid off and having difficult times finding other employment.
If you were cheese and not cheesy, what kind would you be?

Bob said...

Hmm, what kind of cheese would I be? Does cutting the cheese count as anything? :)

If I had to choose I guess I'd be either Feta or Blue Cheese. Does that help? And what cheese would you be?

If I needed the money there's not a lot I wouldn't do to make ends meet. But in the name of self preservation I'd probably start my own business. I've found that I don't work well under someone's supervision. Been the boss for so long that it's hard to be on the other end of the stick. I've actually strongly entertained opening another business (we've owned several) but when I think of how much it would take out of my days and nights I think otherwise.

La Roo said...

String.....you could peel me. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what business did you have to bring home the cheese? Or bacon?

Bob said...

Laroo: I brought home the cheese and then I cut it.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States