Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gracie and Her Chicks

Grace brought home "Bob", the blond chick all due to Bob's butt being pecked by the other baby chicks that had just been hatched in her classroom. Bob's butt was a mess. Bob needed to be away from the other chicks who were pecking on her butt. We soon found that Bob needed company and Blackjack the rooster was recruited to come stay with us.

In 10 days Bob's butt was healed and returned to school. Our little Bob is now on the farm where she was hatched living happily ever after.

Here's Gracie telling a little bit about her chicks. She's a bit slow at first but picks up after a prompt from Wifey.

5 comments:

La Roo said...

That be in the butt Bob!!
These chicks are so cute. I'm a bird lover. Hmmmmm, that didn't sound right. I really like birds. :)

Bob said...

Laroo: Ha! You remembered my favorite saying that is sooo appropriate to this post. Sorry that I missed putting it there.

The Smoking Redhead said...

Oh my gosh, so cute. The whole thing, the chicks, the little Gracie chick - wow, what a cute little voice.


;)

Bob said...

Rachel: Thanks, she is the apple of her Papa's eye....chicks and all.

Blessed said...

Too cute!
I had pet chicks, ducks, an actual chicken, rooster (hated that rooster) when I was a kid.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States