Monday, June 15, 2009

One of the 7.4 million

Did you know there are 133 million blogs?

They're all tracked by a company called Technorati who furnished the following:

Out of the 133 mil only 7.4 mil were updated in the past 120 days. That translates to 95 percent of the blogs being essentially abandoned, left to lie fallow on the Web, where they become public remnants of a dream . .. . or at least an ambition . . . an ambition unfulfilled.

The company thinks, judging from conversations from retired bloggers that many of the "orphans" were cast aside by people who had assumed that once they started blogging, the world would beat a path to their digital door.

That explains a lot for I've lost a lot of blogger friends who gave up for probably that reason.

They say that many people start blogs with lofty aspirations:

To build an audience and leave their day job.

To land a book deal.

Or, to simply share their genius with the world.

For Bob it would be none of the above. Don't need a day job. Never had a lot of visitors which doesn't seem to be important to me. I could care less about a book deal unless I could write something like Green Eggs and Ham. Sharing ones genius with the world is hardly important.

A thousand twenty five posts later this blog remains. Why?, I ask myself....Why?

I am therefore I blog.

Happy Monday.

4 comments:

Max said...

Well, you keep me entertained...

Deech said...

And we are happy that you "Are"! Keep it blogging Bob!

La Roo said...

I need my "Bob" fix everyday.

Bob said...

Max: Thanks! Coming from you that's a real compliment.

Fox: And I'm happy you're blogging, too!

Laroo: I'll keep it coming, girl.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States