Thursday, June 11, 2009

A BEAR DOES WHAT IN THE WOODS?

We were at the lake last night checking out a boat slip in another marina. On the ride around the lake to the highway out of the corner of my eye I caught something moving in the brush to my left.

WHOA! Black bear in the woods!

The signs plastered all over the park warn of black bears. Don't feed the bears. Don't leave food out. Don't leave food in your car with the windows even half way down.

For once the signs were right.

I stopped in the middle of road to snap these photos of a cub foraging for its evening meal.

The bear eats what is there and then meanders off to find another.

Wifey: Pull over. I want to go see what the bear was eating.

Me: Right. The mama bear is probably close behind her cub and is most likely very protective. How important is it that you check out what the cub was eating?

Wifey: Oh. I don't really need to see that. Let's go home.

Now you know what bears do in the woods.




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deech said...

That's pretty cool Bob! I am glad to see that there is somewhere in the world where wild life is....how shall we say?.....wild?

La Roo said...

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't Fuzzy? Was he?
:)

Bob said...

Fox: Left the wild life of the San Francisco Bay area for a different kind of wild life. I like both but can only have one.

Laroo: Yup, real fuzzy.

Blessed said...

Wow!
Just gorgeous and a little scary!

Bob said...

Blessed: Yes, very.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States