Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Touch of Bob

Son Max called the other day. Wifey just had to get a picture of Bob in his home office talking on the phone. I'm slouching. Yeah, I know. But I'm happy because Max had called from Seoul.

The hat? I don't usually wear it especially in public. It's one of those that screams out in big bold letters that you're a veteran.

Yup, I served. But I don't need to advertise it. Don't want to be thanked. Don't want to be recognized. Don't want to march in parades that honor veterans.

There are many of us who quietly served and don't make a big deal out of it. We did what was asked of us, served our time and came home. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, back to Max. He'll be with us the first week in August. There will be sailing. There will be 99 bottles of beer on the wall. There will be steaks on the grill. We'll spend some time up north in the RV. Maybe we'll go to Reno. Who knows?

We've not seen Max for nearly two years and it will be wonderful to have him with us albeit for a short period of time. Damn, I've missed that kid.

It's going to be another hot day in Cowtown. It hit 104 F (40 Celsius) yesterday. It was 75 F (24 Celsius) at 5:00 a.m. this morning which means two things: It never cooled off last night. There's huge head start on another hot day. Weatherman says Cowtown will hit 108 F (24 Celsius) today. Ouch!

Definitely too hot to be sailing. Definitely too hot to be outside for any period of time. Definitely going to wear extra roll on deodorant today. Definitely going to drink some beer and definitely grill a couple of burgers. It's definitely going to be a great day.

Note: If you use the word "definitely" too many times people will start calling you Rainman.

Definitely.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deech said...

So I will be rivaling you here in SA. It will be about 104 degrees here.

Last day of Vacation for me and the wife. We are looking to check out a big screen blow em up movie...don't know which but at least it will be AC all the way...

The Smoking Redhead said...

A beautiful day in the Flathead here, sunny 75 with a nice breeze.

Hehe...

sounds like a great weekend Bob, enjoy!

Bob said...

Fox: Sounds like a plan. Cool idea in so many ways. :)

Rachel: Oh, what I'd give to live where you live. I just love that area.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States