Sunday, January 25, 2009

SHIT STICKS!




















This morning I sat down to gather all of the documents necessary for our accountant to complete and file our 2008 tax returns. In the process I reviewed what was prepared and filed for 2007 and discover a huge, huge mistake. Huge. I about choke on my bubble gum.

Undoubtedly we'll file an amended 2007 document to correct that mistake and for sure, for sure, for sure come up OWING both the state and feds an amount well into five figures PLUS interest. SHIT STICKS!!!! If this isn't a mother plucking hitch. For sure.

I'll know more tomorrow after I talk to (roast?) our accountant. But I have a pretty idea of what the handwriting on the wall says in terms of what's owed.

If there's good news here chalk up that I caught the mistake and not the IRS. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we're not audited after this mistake is corrected.

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Smoking Redhead said...

Ouch!


Big time!

Jes said...

What a way to start out the day! Ouch, indeed! Hope it works out to be better than it looks right now!

Anonymous said...

Bob!

At least you can call this Tax Avoidance and not Tax Evasion...two very different things.

Rambeau said...

Oh, no! Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it straightened out.

BTW, I was thinking of you when I saw this article about Poms today:

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20090125/NEWS01/901250371/1001/ARCHIVE

Good luck!

Max said...

Look at the bright side, you could still become U.S. Treasury Secretary!

Bob said...

Rachel: You said it.

Jes: It's coming up better than I thought it would. A lot better.

Fox: I call this Tax fuckup. Does the IRS forgive that?

Rambeau: Thanks for the site addy. I'll check it out.

MAX: Now that's change you can believe in: Bob as Secretary of the Treasury!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States