Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TMI # 143: SCHOOL DAYS EDITION

Yup, that's me. High school Bobby. I often wonder how I got from there to here.

1 What were you known as in HS (Jock, Princess, Geek)

Back in the day there were other categories that described who people were - like Rah-rahs, Greasers, Hoods/Punks, Car Girls, Hot Dog Queens and more.

I was in between everything and friends with everyone. I knew everyone. I could hang out with anyone or everyone. It was a nice place to be.


2. What were you really?

An adolescent with way too much testosterone which got in the way of everything.


3. If you could go back and tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be?

"It's only a penis, Bob. Only a penis."


4. If you could erase one moment from your school days what would it be?

Not graduating high school. I goofed off too much, never went to class, felt that working in my parent's supermarket was more of a priority than going to school. I lost 6 units by not going to gym class - ever. That was the difference between graduating and not graduating.

Later I realized the value of education and went on to earn an AA, a BA and an MA. I still don't have a high school diploma or an equivalent even though it was offered more than a few times. I just did not want that. I'm proud of what I've accomplished without a "high school education."


5. Who did you not date (or more) that you wish you did?

I spent more time on being hung up with one lady that I should have. Eventually she dumped me for another guy, got knocked up in her junior year and was married to a real asshole of a man. After four marriages to very strange men she ended up in a lesbian relationship where she remains today. You might say I dodged a major bullet by being dumped.

I could have saved a lot of time, money and effort by dating a certain red haired lady who drove her blue Austin Healey Sprite around the town on cruise nights. She was/is a looker. At the time I wish that I would have known that she was the one.


Bonus (as in optional): If you went to prom, describe your outfit.

You're looking at it.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deech said...

Bob,

Happy Belated Bud! Looks like you got lots of cool stuff. I loved seeing you do the dance pal...

Deech!
(Formally Flyinfox)

Bob said...

Yea Fox, great to see you back. For while I thought that your new marriage had reformed you, bud. I'll try to get into your new digs sometime this week.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States