Sunday, September 16, 2007

IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT

This slug is in the news again. This time he's been arrested for being a participant in an armed robbery in Vegas. OJ doesn't have an alibi but he has offered an explanation.

Dear Lord,
Please turn OJ into Pinocchio. I want to see his nose grow and grow and grow!

Oh, Orenthal . . . about that nose of yours...

Last week each of us remembered where we were on the 11th day of September in the year 2001. Today I remembered where I was at about 6:45 p.m., June 17th, 1994. That's when LAPD spotted a white Ford Bronco driven by OJ pal Al Cowlings on the 405 freeway. We all know who was riding shotgun (no pun intended).

On June 17th, 1994 I was completely pissed off at the world. Completely. I don't believe that I've ever been that mad nor have I been that angry since.

At that stage in my life it was better to be alone. I was not fit to be around anyone. So, for 10 days I retreated to the family cabin built on an 80 acre parcel overlooking the Pacific ocean.

At 6:45 p.m. on that particular day I had the radio on - jazz on KKSF from San Francisco, content with gazing out on the ocean, loving the smell of the grove of Redwoods around the cabin and starting the barbecue in preparation of cooking a one pound beauty of a New York steak. I was thinking this was a pretty good way to get over being mad.

The music was interrupted with news of the OJ chase on the LA 405 freeway. It was interesting. It was amusing. It was curious that someone like OJ had put himself in such a predicament.

The rest, as they say is history. OJ got away with murder.

I got over being mad. No one probably remembers why Bob was soooo pissed off in 1994 and that's a good thing. I'd just as soon forget it, too.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

twilite said...

Hi bob! Is he seeking public attention? He's a real pain...put him away!

Erin said...

Well I'm glad you aren't pissed off anymore :)

I do remember exactly where I was, lol... it's funny how that turned into such a huge event back there. I just can't believe he is at it again... I mean I guess he figures he got away with murder, robbery should be a cake walk, lol.

What an ass!

Sexy Duet said...

I was 18 at the time and while I remember the story I have no idea where I was - but I do remember thinking who on earth is OJ Simpson - I had never heard of him before that.

It sounds like that day is one worth forgetting for a number of reasons for you. It is much nicer remembering happy days.

Ms SD

Bob said...

Ms SD: Gads, you were 18 then? You're making me feel old!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States