Friday, September 25, 2009





Friday on the dock



















































I check the boat every day or two just to make certain it's secured.  Today on the north end of the marina was a beautiful sight as proven by the photos posted here.

The boat was still there.  Still tied.  It's going nowhere.  Nothing to do but relax.

So I sat and watched.

Two young ladies strolled down the dock having just rented a patio boat for a day.  They go for 250 clams.  Not cheap.  Then again, what price can you put on fun.

I took time to talk with the ladies and gave them a lot of insight of what to visit while in our neck of the woods.  They seemed nice enough just out for a little vacation in the wild.

Bobby, marina manager, is single (toothless all due to self confessed meth indulgence - a habit he no longer has), in his 30's and of course looking for ladies.

I like Bobby.  Straight up guy.  Love his name.  Gentle soul.

After he helped the ladies into their rented boat I said:

Me:  There you go Bobby, take your pick.  These ladies are here from the Bay area and looking for love in all the wrong places.   Woooo hooo!  Go get 'em tiger!

Bobby:  Not my type.  I go for skinny women.

I was thinking that since it had been ages that Bob had enjoyed the company of the opposite sex that beggars really shouldn't be choosy.  And he's picky?  Like these ladies would like a guy with no teeth?  If nothing else, Bobby has a pretty strong self image of himself.

Me:  Gee, it's only casual company.  Look at it as just a good time.

Bobby:  No can do.  Gotta be skinny.

Me:  To each his own.  I don't want to hear any more of your talk of how much you need a woman.  You got to get back on that bike again and see if you can still peddle on two wheels.

Bobby:  Huh?

Me:  Never mind.

3 comments:

!! said...

Hey! The title of this post looks like, "Frida on the Dock." I know you were trying to say, "Friday on the Dock." But I thought maybe you had a new girl in your life. :D

Bob said...

The newest girl in Bob's life pictured here: Sparkle Plenty. She's a mean, lean, sailing machine. And she listens to me. Take for example the other day when I wanted only to listen to the sound of the wind in the sails and the waves coming over the bow. I said to her, "I'll be peace and you be quiet". And it was all that.

Deech said...

Bob,

Some people complain just to give them something to do.

I will tell you this..the pics are spectacular.

Have fun sailing this weekend!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States