Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bob goes to confession

Me;  Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

Priest:  Oh my child, you have?  When was your last confession.

Me:  It was about the time that hell was close to freezing over and it didn't.  Or was it when pigs flew?  I forget.

Priest:  And you have sinned?  Come on Bob, you a sinner?  I thought you have grown up.

Me:  Yes Father, I have  - I have sinned.  And I am all grown up.

Priest:  Are you ready to repent?

Me:  I'm not sure if that's possible.    But let's give it a whirl.

Priest:  What sins have you commited.

Me:  Only one that I want to cop to.  I bought a Mac computer today.

Priest:  Heavenly Father!  You bought a Mac?  You have forsaken the PC computer culture?  Brace yourself.  I think I feel the walls of the church falling in.  I don't know if you can be forgiven.

Me:  Let's try.

Priest:  Say 12 Our Fathers and 12 Hail Mary's and let's see what happens.

Me:  I already know that's going to happen.  There's going to be no more PC crashes in Bob's house.  But I'll say the Our Father's and the Hail Mary's anyway.

And they said an old dog could never be taught any new tricks.  HA!  Fooled ya.

It arrives next week.

3 comments:

La Roo said...

Yay!! Bob. Be sure you get the One to One classes if you're near by a store. It's so worth it, and kind of fun. Anything you ever needed to know they'll teach you.
You know a Moose wouldn't dare get a MAC. They are all young and hip and creative types that do. :)

Deech said...

Cool...Bob, I have always wanted a Mac. I used to one one of the very first Macs that came out. Then, I got regulated to PC Purgatory.

My Daughter has a Mac...she will never go back to a PC. She sees PCs as inferior now. She is such a snob.

Good for you Bob...I think that you will like sinning, if this is what it is....

Dawn said...

Good reading on a long drive.
What the heck was the "tipping point" for you?
I know for me it's having to fix all the corrupt, spywared, adwared PCs in the shop - taking away time from my real job of creating works of artistic marketing marvel on my loyal and steady Mac. :)
Congratulations! Welcome to liberation and ease...
You'll love the new tutorials too.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States