Wednesday, December 13, 2006

WHAT DO YOU WONDER ABOUT?

I wonder about a lot of things. Sometimes I think too much about things that have nothing to do with me, things I can't do anything about, things that are none of my business, things that are out of my control and things that just clog up my mind.

Do you wonder about anything?

What I wonder about:

In the land of milk and honey why are there people starving all over the world. Did you know that more than 60% of the people in this world exist on beans and rice?

I wonder if in the next life that I will live on beans and rice. Who will I be? Where will I live?

Or I wonder if I'll be a lap dog, fat and friendly in someone's two story home in the "burbs".

When people are starving, why are we spending so much on exploring outer space? Will we need to exit Mother Earth one day because she is no longer fit to live on? Is this why we're exploring the wild blue yonder? What do the scientists know?

Why are people becoming so rude, so discourteous, and so self absorbed? I could make a list of a 1,000 examples of what used to be and how screwed up they are today - things people do that are soooo very rude. You could too. What is happening to us? Is Nero fiddling while Rome burns? I wonder.

Every year at this time I wonder why I dislike the Christmas season so much. I wonder why most people don't put the reason back in the season. Christmas has become too much of one thing and not enough about what's important. It's all about them. "What'd you get me?" I'd like to say, I got you a bag of shit. I hope you like it.

I never want anything for Christmas except world peace, our boys and girls to come home from Iraq and Banana Stand, that all children went to sleep every night night on an full tummy and wake up happy every morning, that no animal was never again abused in this world, that people would treat others as they would like to be treated and that everyone would remember and practice Flower's advice to Thumper: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I wonder why I wake up night wondering when others sleep soundly through the night.

There are lots of other things I wonder about.

Right now, I'm wondering why I don't get off my fat ass, shower and begin the day as a productive, happy citizen of this world who will go out and who will bring a little of what's right to all that's wrong. After all, I could be part of solution instead of being part of the problem.

What are you doing to right the wrong in this world? Get off your fat ass and do something.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States