HELP! My mind is blocked and I can't write a thing!!!
This happens. I lose energy for writing here. Staying away from the computer, every one's window to the world, is a good thing. Yes, there are other tasks apart from the cyber community which are probably more important.
Take for instance yesterday. Wifey and I drove 40 miles west up into the Trinity Alps. Took the dogs. Took in the scenery. It was a nice interlude of sorts.
Later in the day and after school, Grace and I played in our backyard creek. Right after her bath, Zeenie joined us in the creek and promptly got covered in mud. She had two baths yesterday. This dog loves to get down and get dirty.
There was no time for blogging and I loved it.
Wifey's off this morning with Zeenie participating in a presentation on pet therapy dog programs to the Cowtown Newcomers Club. Zeen's a certified pet therapy dog who spends time with those in need in assisted living facilities, intensive care units and children's hospital wards. It's heartwarming to witness what a little dog can give to those who are in need.
You see here that Grace is adorning a soon to be published brochure. Robin has taken Grace's birthday picture on each of those occasions beginning with age one. She's like on the the family.
I'm fixing dinner tonight as I often do. It's a pretty simple dish - So easy Bob can do it.
CROCKPOT LEMON CHICK WITH CARROTS
"This delicious recipe has the most wonderful sweet and sour flavor."
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours,
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 onion, chopped
2 cups baby carrots
6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. water
Preparation:Place onions and carrots in bottom of 3-4 quart crockpot. Top with chicken thighs. Combine remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and 3 Tbsp. water in small bowl and blend well; pour into crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from crockpot and shred, using two forks. Return to crockpot. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 Tbsp. water and blend well. Add to crockpot along with shredded chicken. Stir and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until liquid is thickened. Serve over hot cooked rice or couscous.
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- Lost in Space (and in Oregon)
- WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S It felt like Saturday was so...
- THE BUCKET LIST Grace's mom and step-dad are off...
- BOBBY DOES VEGAS (BABY!)
- Bitch Ass Physicians A prescription I've taken fo...
- WRITER'S BLOCK HELP! My mind ...
- Saving Grace Theme (Everlast Music Video)
- Internet is for PORN!!
- HOW MAX GOT HIS GRIND ON
- Where do you dwell? During my...
- PORN ON SATELLITE Since 1991 ...
- DO YOU LOVE MUSIC?
- THREE SHEETS TO THE WIND A week ago sailing Lake...
- CLEAN THE TOILET MUSIC
- FAVORITE SON-IN-LAW I fondly refer to Keith as o...
- ETHNIC PROFILING Happy St. Patrick's Day everyon...
- SENSE TO COME IN OUT OF THE RAIN The house is on...
- MUD QUEEN Zeenie just loves to take her ball, pl...
- WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO CLEAN THE DAMN TOILET?!
- Everything I need to know about life, I learned fr...
- TOOTHLESS IN COWTOWN I arrive...
- IN YOUR DREAMS, BOB
- THEY HAVE HOOKERS DON'T THEY? Wifey and I have...
- BOB'S FLYING OFF TO?
- FACEBOOK OR IS IT FISHBOWL? I had a page on Face...
- CONSTIPATED Constipated - Can't Pass a Thing Ne...
- Little Milton - My Dog and Me (1995)
- LIFE CAN BE LIKE THIS The bes...
- THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED Friday...
- BOB'S LOVE SONG OF THE DAY
- ▼ March (34)
- ► 2008 (376)
- ► 2007 (322)