Tuesday, April 17, 2007

EVEN THE DOGS HAVE HAD IT

Each member of the family is done with remodeling. We want our life back.

The dogs are confined to the master bedroom. There's a gate that keeps them from the grass of the backyard because that's where the workers are.

Both dogs can now do their thing on concrete. They do it very well.

The two of us are confined to a 240 square foot trailer. We well know the meaning of cabin fever.

Jilli constantly wants to play ball to break the boredom remodeling has brought. She begs for it. Jilli lives to play ball. Never does this dog tire from chasing the ball or participating in finding the ball that I've hidden.

When she's not playing ball Jilli snoozes. There's the morning nap after her breakfast.

There's the afternoon nap after her second and last meal of the day. Being buried in a blanket puts the frosting on the nap cake.

When there's nothing else to do, sleep is the best medicine.
When she's not sleeping or playing ball, Jilli must have one of her Nylabones. She'll pester the crap out of me until I find one for her.

How? She will stand and stare me down. It's that "I want my bone" stare that I've come to know so well. Jilli will not stop staring until she has her bone.
"People often look like their pets" is true, especially in this family.

Zoe and the wife look like two peas in a pod, don't they?

We need to have both dogs micro chipped. A small chip is inserted into an area behind their head. If lost, dogs can easily be identified.

It would just kill me to lose one or both of the Poms and not get them back. What a loss that would be. Having them chipped is on the list of things to do.

I should get the wife chipped, too. I'd hate to lose her.

A good wife is hard to find.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

twilite said...

Hi Bob & wife! Dogs are man's best friends...haha...a good wife is indeed hard to find. Bob you're lucky man!

The Smoking Redhead said...

*sigh*

They are so cute, I think I'm in love. I'll have to post a photo of my baby someday.

P.S. The wife is pretty cute too

;)

Have good days!

Bob said...

Rachael - must be the wife's red hair? :)

Twilight - thanks!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States