Sunday, April 22, 2007

DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE?

Sunday started off on the right foot. Not only did I get up on the right side of the bed (I also sleep on the right side of the bed - how can I lose?), but I was fortunate to take time this morning to read the blog that Blessed puts so much time and thought into.

On her blog she had posted a link to a small little film entitled "Do You Remember Love?".

It was a surprise. I didn't quite expect the film to be much of anything.

I hollered to the wife who had just finished her shower and was wrapping a towel around herself (damn - another missed photo opportunity). She sat at my desk and I toddled off for my morning dunk in the shower.

When I had finished I noticed that the wife was wiping a tear away.

She: I really didn't need a good cry this morning".

Me: "But it was a good thing, wasn't it? Wasn't it a reminder of things forgotten in hustle and bustle of life?"

She" "I want you to remember that when I say "Do you remember love?" to stop what you're doing for a moment and think about what's important."

Me: "Not a bad idea."

I'm not going to wax nostalgic but you really do have to watch this little film. A little "tune-up" does everyone a bit of good. Check it out.

http://doyourememberlove.com/narration.html

BTW: THIS IS BLOG 250! WHOO HOOOO!

After all of that touchy feelie stuff this morning it was a good idea to get out of the house and walk the dogs.

One of our favorite places to walk is the Arboretum. It's quiet. It's beautiful. There are very few people.

You can see Jilli giving me the "You're not going anywhere without me" stare. Jill is like that. She won't let me out of her sight. Such devotion. Whatta dog.

The wife is carrying Zoe in her right arm.
Iris' in the Arboretum are just starting their bloom. What colors.




Several waterfalls dot the landscape of the Arboretum. I guess you'd call this a waterfall or maybe it's better labeled as a fountain.

After our walk we stopped at a favorite Mexican diner and had brunch. Delicious.

It was nice to sit quietly in the restaurant, make small talk and enjoy a nice meal together.

And yes, we took time to remember the love.

Happy Sunday.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Well, thank you Bob for giving me props on your blog. Really appreciate that.
I try to find some inspiration and share. Life is too short to not realize the blessings we have and quit must quit complaining.
(Note to self: quit complaining.
Stop and smell the flowers!!!)
By the way, beautiful shot of irises.

Many blessings to you, your wife, your family and your Poms!

Bob said...

Thank you! Glad you liked this posting. It really was predicated on what I read Sunday on your blog. You continue to be a source of inspiration. Blessings to you, too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States