Sunday, November 11, 2007

GRACE IS FIVE!

Grace's fifth birthday was earlier in the week. The party was yesterday at the local gymnastics "palace".

Kids played.

Parents gossiped.

The wife, Grace's mom and Auntie Dawn hovered to make certain all went well.

I stayed home, drank beer and watched NASCAR. Why screw up a perfect day with a bunch of wild kids high on sugar?
It won't be long where Grace won't have any front teeth to show off. Those pearly baby teeth are not long for this world.

Grace is the youngest student in her kindergarten class. She may be the runt of the litter but Grace can run and keep up with the best of her friends.


One of these kids is zonked out from sugar and probably thinking, "Where am I? What am I doing with all of these snotty nosed kids? Three pieces of cake made me feel funny."


The joy and appreciation of a day like this had to be all about:

Friends.

Celebration.

Good times.

Great memories.

When you're five years old it doesn't get any better than this.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Dear Poppa,
My pictures are so great! I am so happy that you are home today, Poppa!
Love,
Grace

Dawn said...

dear poppa
papa

grace

pzpz zoe grammy jilli
i would like to come to your house please.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States