Monday, November 26, 2007

DUMBING DOWN

You've taken time like the rest of us to read the disclaimers, the directions, the don't do this and the don't do that contained in the directions of tools, appliances, frozen food, etc. etc. etc.

I'm baking a pie tonight. Mrs. Smith's pumpkin like I didn't get enough pie over the holidays.

Direction #4 Remove baked pie carefully from oven on cookie sheet with oven mits.

Okay, I'm fine with that.

Next sentence: Never handle by the edge of the pan.

Duh! Do we really have to be told stuff like this or it is for the meth heads who are so into the Ozone layer that they don't know which end is up and not to handle a heavy pie pan by the edges.

You mean Kerrrr plop?!

And in reading the directions there should be this: If you can read this thank a teacher.

This picture? Taken from the living room into the dining room. One white tree soon to be covered with other things besides lights.

It was 16 degrees outside as I drove out the drive-way for work. Feels like winter. Feels like Christmas is coming on. . . .

Dear Santa: I've almost been a very good boy this year. Please do not leave another piece of coal in my stocking like you did last year. Your friend, Old Bob

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deech said...

Bob,

I am so with you on the directions. The reason we need to stupid obvious ones is because they do not want to be caught in a lawsuit...Remember the McDonald's Coffee lawsuit?

You get coal for Christmas? Wow, way cool...I wish I could get that.

Flyinfox_SATX

twilite said...

Hi Bob! I thought it's cold outside, so why a white tree? For good decor?

I first saw one here in this part of the world which makes good sense in this hot tropical climate...meaning plastic trees.
By the way, is this eco-friendly?

The shops are flooded with Christmas trees (DIY) and ornaments made in China and they look good for the price!

Anonymous said...

A lump of coal??!!! How lucky you ARE! I got a bundle of sticks from my ex in 1979, but I upped him in 1982 and gave him a divorce!!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States