Wednesday, June 13, 2007

OUCH!

I tire of doing the same thing over and over. For example from time to time I quit shaving.

Why? Because I can. And because I hate doing the same thing over and over again.

Wife: "You look like a wino in need of drink. Shave that damn thing off."

Me: "I'll take that as a compliment. Is it already time for a drink? If it is, give me a shot of Tequilla in a glass of Budweiser."

Wife: It's 7:00 a.m. buddy and you're 12 hours away from a drink. Plus, you never drink Tequilla or anything else like that."

Me: "Since I look like a wino why not act like one? Apart from that, I like having a beard. Doesn't a beard make me look older and more distinguished?"

Wife: "First off you are older. No need to try to look any older than you already are. Second, you look like something the cat brought in from Skid Row. That beard makes gives you the look that says, 'Hey buddy, old pal, old pal, let's go get a bottle of Thunderbird and drink it under the bridge.' And finally - OUCH! that thing hurts when I hug you. Shave it off. End of conversation. No more talking. Just do it!"

So this morning off came the beard. I was already bored with not shaving. It was time to break up the routine.

I get bored doing the same thing over and over.

Later this morning . . .

Me: "I'm giving up using under arm deodorant. It's boring rolling that stuff on every, every day."

Wife: "Fine with me. Here's the sleeping bag. You can sleep in the shed with the cat until you get unbored with using deodorant."

Fluffy's a nice cat. It's time we become better acquainted. No time like the present.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on Candace's side...sorry! Besides, I knew you when you COULD'T grow hair!!! :))) Too nice of a face to hide also.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States