Sunday, June 24, 2007

THE FLOWERS IN MY LIFE






















This morning in reading one of the dozen or so blogs I check every day, one asked, "What makes you happy?"

I made me think of the many things in life that make me happy. Granted, a lot of things piss the daylights out of me. That's life in the New Millennium - better to be pissed than pissed on or so they say.

There are flowers in my life that make me very happy. Happiness is certainly the two flowers pictured here: Candace and Grace. If you want happiness these two bring it on. They're always happy. Always singing. Always living an upbeat life. When I'm down, these two bring me up.

Happiness can be a warm puppy. Charles Schultz wrote about that. There's nothing like a warm puppy sleeping by your side to wake you in the morning with a wet, slurpy kiss.

This morning I woke up on my tummy. Jilli was on top of the covers and in between my legs. I was trapped. There was no turning over. There was no getting out of bed. I was trapped. In spite of those things it was still a happy feeling to wake up with that warm puppy cradled around me.

Happiness still is a warm puppy.

The Beatles wrote a song titled, "Happiness is a Warm Gun". Check the lyrics out. Weird. The song was acceptable in the 60's. I liked it, sang it, thought nothing of it. I can't imagine Happiness is a Warm Gun being acceptable in the New Millennium where happiness is not brought on by a 9mm semi-automatic handgun unless your a member of a street gang.

Happiness is not a warm gun.






















Last week Grace hauled out the Hawaiian skirt and top we brought back from our trip to the Islands. She loves to dress up.

Don't ask what's she's doing with her hands here but I think she's starting to Hula.

Happiness is a grandchild full of joy and curiosity. Like a warm puppy, there's nothing like the unconditional love from a four year.


















There's the real flowers in life a reminder that the workings of nature remain a mysterious and marvelous wonder.

We're growing pumpkins for the first time this year. I ask myself, "How do they do that?" when I examine each of the little gourds on the vine that seem to double in size with every day. How do they do that?

Happiness is watching pumpkins grow and inch their way towards October 31st.


















Happiness is a warm Sunday. Sunday is sitting on the patio, a cup of freshly brewed coffee, classical music playing softly in the background. I can think of no better way to start the day.

The flowers in my life - These are among my favorite things - the things I hold most precious.

What are the flowers in your life?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

twilite said...

Hi Bob! I like your two females in your life!!!

twilite said...

Ooops Bob...I mean your two 'flowers'...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States