Wednesday, September 13, 2006

BROOKINGS OREGON!
It doesn't get any better than this: A million dollar view for only 30 bucks a day. I signed up for 10 days and I just know that 10 days is not going to be enough.

Jilli and I walk the beach three to four times a day. Jilli has developed into being a non-walker. I didn't think that you could be a dog and not like walking. I take Jilli down to the beach and she stands and looks at me as I walk well ahead. Then sensing that she's being left behind she runs to catch up and then stands and watches me head down the beach. When I say, "Let's go back to the trailer!", Jilli barks, smiles, turns around and starts running in the direction of our campsite.

Here's the view from the living room of the fifth wheel. Wow!

Last night it was Hamburger Helper (lord, did it ever need help!) and tonight London Broil on the barbeque. Tried to poach two eggs this morning but they came out "medium rare" . . . very runny for my liking.

Candace will be over Friday night with Zoe. It's a five hour drive if you don't stop. Once here, the truck was nearly on empty. When I filled up I found that I still had 5 or 6 gallons left but the real shock was that diesel on the coast is $3.40 a gallon. Translated into wallet terms: This was my first $100 fillup. Ouch! No wonder lots of RV people are staying close to home. Our trip back east last year took 800 gallons of diesel. Go figure that one out . . . and the Watson's too are staying close to home.

Sunset on the first night in Brookings. . . I feel like I'm in Hawaii. Bring on the grass skirts. Pour a round of the Blue Drinks. How about a luau? Will it be a French Luau or a Hawaiian Luau? LOL.

Wish you all were here. You'd love Brookings Oregon.

Time for another walk on the beach . . oh Jilli? Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States