Saturday, December 20, 2008

MR. COFFEE

The Cuisinart carafe was chipped, leaking and certainly not of use. Finding a replacement pot was like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack. And when I did find a replacement on the Internet it was selling for $30 plus $10 shipping. For that money I went out and brought Mr. Coffee home for the holidays.

At first Wifey loved Mr. Coffee. In fact, the new maker perked better coffee than the Cuisinart and the Krupps makers that we've owned over the years.

Then one day this week:

Wifey: That G-damned Mr. Coffee! There's coffee and coffee grounds all over the floor. Nothing is going into the carafe.

Me: Really? That's interesting. New system, it should be working okay. Are you sure it's not "pilot error" that's causing this problem?

Wifey: ###!@#&!!!@ %% ****!

Me: Okay, fine. It wasn't your fault. Sorry about the mess. (I'm thinking that this is one hell of a way to start a new day)

Determined to find out the problem, Wifey cleans up the mess and starts reading a section in the directions for Mr. Coffee labeled "problems".

Later on:

Wifey with great humility: Well, I took Mr. Coffee apart, read the directions and found the problem. I didn't put in the coffee grounds basket which controls the flow of coffee into the carafe. Some went into the carafe but most went onto the counter and onto the floor. You can't put coffee grounds into the system without the basket and if you do, well, there's a mess.

Moral of this story? It's never too late in life to learn lessons the hard way.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?
Why does you wife have to make coffee?

That's wrong.

Bastard.

Bob said...

Blither: 'Cause Wifey chooses to, I guess. I make the morning brew a lot of the time and often cook meals which is what I did last night (here's me taking the defensive). If you knew Wifey, she definitely doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do or do anything that she thinks that she's required to do.

I kind of like my new name. Should I change the name of this blog? LOL.....

Bob the Bastard :)

Anonymous said...

But she never admitted she was wrong, did she? I think all Women are made from the same mold.....

Bob said...

Fox: Ah, that's a good question. I think you've just made a point that I need to check out.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States