HERE'S LOOKING AT 2008!
Last year we brought in the New Year and on January 1st came down with a week long case of the flu. Whatta a way to begin 2007.
I'm hoping for a better beginning to 2008.
First, I wanna biggg kiss!
At midnight, a kiss from this person is not what I would be looking for.
Must be fresh from performing the Nut Cracker's Suite.
Nice crackers, you nut!
Or would it be nice nuts, you cracker?
A kiss from my two favorite girls at midnight would be the frosting on the cake for 2008.
Food TV? Ever watch it.? Their program Everyday Italian is always interesting. HostessGiada de Laurentiis has the best teeth and yes, she's a pretty good cook, too.
But those teeth. . . and the cleavage which is always displayed (why do women do that to men?!) is not too shabby, either.
Last night the wife and I used one of Giada's recipes. Simple. Quick. Deee lish!!
Chicken Spezzatino or Chicken Stew
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces
1 carrot, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small onion, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
2 chicken breast with ribs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
1 (15-ounce) can organic kidney beans, drained (rinsed if not organic)
Serving suggestion: crusty bread
Heat the oil in a heavy 5 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion. Saute the vegetables until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, basil, tomato paste, bay leaf, and thyme. Add the chicken breasts; press to submerge.
Bring the cooking liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently uncovered until the chicken is almost cooked through, turning the chicken breasts over and stirring the mixture occasionally, about 25 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the chicken breasts to a work surface and cool for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Add the kidney beans to the pot and simmer until the liquid has reduced into a stew consistency, about 10 minutes.
Discard the skin and bones from the chicken breasts. Shred or cut the chicken into bite- size pieces. Return the chicken meat to the stew. Bring the stew just to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the stew into serving bowls and serve with the bread.
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (380)
- ► 2008 (376)
- DANCE IN 2008 WITH THIS!!!
- HERE'S LOOKING AT 2008! Last year we brought in th...
- UNCLE MAX Son Max spent a bundle traveling from Se...
- CHRISTMAS PART TWO! Uncle Max brought Grace a fan ...
- CHRISTMAS DAY PART ONE It was one long puppy of a ...
- All About Santa
- PEACE ON EARTH? Was there really ever peace on thi...
- DON'T GET MAD - - JUST GET EVEN!
- 12 Days of Christmas
- CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN THE VALLEY It was early m...
- TMI TUESDAY - WHY ISN'T THIS MULTIPLE CHOICE? In ...
- CHRISTMAS AT HOME The church Grace and her family ...
- Good Lord! Why Am I Stuck on this Song?
- I'M DEPRESSED . . . Was depressed last night so ...
- LOOK FOR THE SILVER LINING It's been one of those ...
- B. S. CAB COMPANY The Valley has one cab. You can...
- TMI TUESDAY - Ho Ho ho! 1. Are you and early shop...
- I USED TO BE A TEACHER I wasn't half bad looking.D...
- BINGO! Saturday night is Lion's Club BINGO! night ...
- Your First Dance A New Spouse: What Did You Do?
- OUR LITTLE SOCIAL BUTTERFLY She could be a cruise ...
- SNOW IN THE VALLEY It's cold. When it's not raini...
- MY BUTTON DOWN MIND My Xmas tree in my Valley Pad....
- TMI TUESDAY #112 - HERE WE GO AGAIN! 1. If your p...
- CRAP FAIR TREASURES Saturday's visit to the Cow Pu...
- I DID FLUSH! Me: The water is brown and stinks li...
- NEW FURNITURE We done skinned some heifers in the ...
- COLDER THAN A TICHES WIT! Or is that colder than ...
- ▼ December (28)