Monday, December 14, 2009

Sometimes it's a reach

I've always felt that if you're going to maintain a blog that it's important to write in it.  Why keep the damn thing open if you don't do that regularly?  Often times though it's a reach to write anything of substance.   Hmm, what to write, what to write  . . . goes through my mind at all hours of the day and night.  Is this place an obsession of mine?  After posting 1,200 pieces of Lord knows what, you could say just that.  Bob is obsessed.

I could write about Wifey's visit yesterday to the church Gracie and her family attends.   Grace's family were chosen to light an Advent candle and recite several Scriptures.  This is a different church, one that professes that one must accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior as being the only ticket into Paradise.   The Devil is denounced at every opportune moment - he's everywhere they say.  During choral singing hands are waved in the air which adds a different touch to our church going experience.   The church also teaches that women must serve their men . . . no bitching . . . just do what it takes to serve your man.  Need I say more about the foundation of this church?

Wifey and I have attended religious service since we were both in diapers.  To state that we must openly accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior before we are allowed into Heaven makes us stand there with our mouths open and muttering "Huh?"  Doesn't that sentiment go with the territory of being spiritual/religious?  I mean if you go to church or of a God fearing, Jesus loving nature that pretty says it.  YOU BELIEVE! 

Different stokes for different folks.

That's the sum total of what's in Bob's bank of things to write about.  Hopefully it will be replenished come Tuesday.

It's Monday.   Happy work week, people.

4 comments:

La Roo said...

I don't write anything of substance on mine. Just what is in my head at the moment ( I know that's scary). I try to keep a regular pace but life gets in the way..damn life. I do enjoy doing the blog thing and the people I've met. Like you have said in the past, it's like a journal or diary.
As for the religious thing. Don't know where I fall. I feel that if I do right in my life and do good for others and share my love, I will be satisfied that I have done my best on this earth. I don't feel I need someone or some organization to make my rules or tell me what is right and wrong. So many different religions and who's to say who's right and wrong and what is best for you. I find it all very interesting , but I personally am not ready to commit to any particular one.
If I go to hell, I will be in good company. :)

The Smoking Redhead said...

Hehe, I never write anything of substance - just random crap that comes to mind. Pathetic!

Ah well, you guys keep coming back so you must be pathetic too.

;)

Deech said...

Bob,

You know I have an entire diatribe on this topic that I am just not going to go into.

If you are looking for blog fodder, I will tell you that I am curious to death about your stance on...

Healthcare
The War in Afganglystan
How much we are spending as a country.
Oh and of course...the Mets!

Bob said...

Laroo: Nice to know we'll be hot pit mates.

Smoking Red: Right on!

Joker: I'll be writing about just that!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States