Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here comes a new year

Gads, 2010 staring us in the face.  Like it was only yesterday we clocked in for the next century. 

We've been invited to a party this evening.  The host said it was a Crisco party and that we should bring 6 large tins of shortening.  While I don't really know what type of party this is going to be I'm guessing that we're doing some deep frying tonight.  I'd love some fried chicken or fried weenies.  Hopefully one or both are on the Crisco party menu.

I have not made any New Year's resolutions for I've run out of things to do.  They've all been done.  Maybe I'll come up with a couple after tonight's party.

The visit yesterday to the Dodge dealer brought good news:  No sign of any mice or any damage.  That's not to say we're mice free.  I'll have them check again in a couple of weeks.  The dealer only charged for a half hours work which was definitely worth it in terms of peace of mind.

Bob the Marina Guy has his new teeth.  He shows everyone his teeth.  Bob's hoping that he can evoke a line from Goldilocks and the Three Bears when someone of the opposite sex says, "Bob, what nice teeth you have."  He plans coming back with, "All the better to eat you with, my dear."  That would be a typical line from moat any Bob I know.

We'll have the steak dinner I promised once Marina Bob feels comfortable eating out.  This should be in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully Bob will let me take photos of our dinner out which I'll post here.

Be safe tonight.

3 comments:

Deech said...

Happy New Year Bob!

Evalinn said...

Hope the party was great, happy new year!

La Roo said...

The Crisco thing sounds fattening or kinda kinky. I must know more about this.Please fill us in on what happened here.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States