Monday, December 21, 2009

Dude - get over it!

Ring.  Ring.  Ring.  It was the telephone.  Someone was calling at 11:30 p.m. on a Friday night.  After checking the Caller ID to see who it was I cradled the phone and went back to bed.  No one I knew.  Maybe is was the wrong number. 

Having been in the educational business I'm accustomed to prank telephone calls and other deeds of mischief.  Caller ID has cut the prank calls down to zilch.  All I have to do is call the prankster back, preferably when mom or dad answers the phone.  My call back usually results in that prankster never calling back again.

A couple of weeks ago the house was hit with close to a dozen paint balls.  Only house in the neighborhood that was paint balled.  Pranksters?  Random act of kindness? Ha.  No big deal.  Washed off the paint.  The house was none less for the wear. I figured being paint balled was all due to who I was and didn't give it another thought. 

Ring.  Ring.  Ring.  It was the telephone.  The clock said 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning, the night after the 11:30 p.m. call.  I checked the called ID  same person calling.  Hmmmm.  Let it ring. 

I decided not to call the mysterious middle of the night caller.  Let it be, I thought.  Calling back sometimes aggravates the situation.  If the caller thinks that no one cares about their middle of the night telephone call or that no one heard the phone ring then maybe they'll give up.  Maybe.  At least that was my thinking.

Ring.  Ring.  Ring.  The phone rings Tuesday morning at 10:30.  Call ID says it's the same caller who called Friday night and early Sunday morning.  Enough is enough, I thought . . . and reached to answer the phone.  Too late.  They had already hung up.

I wait a half hour then call the number on our Caller ID - the number of the mysterious caller.

Her:  Hello?

Me:  Your telephone is calling my telephone at all hours of the day and night.  Is this a mistake or do you have something to tell me?

Her:  Just a minute.

The phone is handed over to another female.

Her:  Hello?

I repeat what I said to the first caller.

Her:  Ohhhh, your phone number is one digit off of my girl friend Rosie's phone number.  I get them mixed up.  Sorry, it won't happen again.

Me:  I hope so.  You called at 11:30 one night and 12:30 the next.   You need to get your fingers together and dial the right number. 

Her:  I said that I was sorry.  Dude, get over it.

Me:  You get over it and stop calling.

Click.

Dude get over it?  I just love the current generation.  They are so respectful.

4 comments:

Deech said...

Did she sound hot? I would have taken that opportunity to talk dirty to her....

The Smoking Redhead said...

LOL @ Joker. Why does that not surprise me? (writes down Joker's phone number)

Bobert, all I can say is consider the source (of the phone calls that is).

:)

La Roo said...

Sorry Bob, I didn't mean to piss you off. :)

!! said...

I'll remember to use that line on my student's next time they complain about something. "Dude get over it." Or better yet, on my own children. ;D

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States