Saturday, February 09, 2008

SCREECH!!! CAW! CAW! CAW!

One of the schools under my wing is 13 miles east of the three other schools. I drive there every day.

During my daily drive it's not uncommon to see antelope, egrets, deer, duck, geese, ground squirrels, hawks and all kinds of birds.

I pass by a large pond that's filled with water from a hot spring. Regardless of the temperature the pond always boils and steams.

Yesterday I had heard that there were two bald eagles somewhere between here and there. So I looked.

I passed the eagle you see here, turned around and parked the truck right across from where he (or she) was perched. Now if you know Bob you know that he talks to the birds.

Right off the top it was "Caw! Caw! Damn it, Caw!" The eagle just sat and looked down at me as if to say, "What the hell is your problem, buddy." He wasn't gonna go for it and be a screaming eagle.

It was a treat to be that close to what's still regarded as an endangered species. The older I get and the more that I caw, I could be regarded as endangered, too. The government may want to protect me.

When they lock me up please come visit. Please.

Caw! Caw!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

twilite said...

Hi Bob! Hoho...you, endangered specie? If so, then we all are!

You're lucky to see those rare and unusual living creatures where you are. It's not everyday that one sees these today.

Have a joyful and warm weekend.

Blessed said...

CAW! CAW!
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Sexy Duet said...

Wow, thats awesome! And to think I was excited seeing a squirrel when I was in the US lol

Ms SD

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States