COW GIRL UP!
Last weekend, while working at my desk at home, the grandchild sat next to me and said:
Me: "Yes, Grace."
Grace: Would you buy me a cow girl shirt, boots, belt and shirt?"
Me: Sure, Grace. Let's see if Grammy has time to take you shopping."
Me: "Candace? Would you mind taking Grace down to the outlet western store? She'd like to do some shopping. Just call when she finds what she wants and let's talk about how much to spend."
Candace: "You know me. Any excuse to shop.
And the two leave for shopping.
Three hours later and still no phone call the pair arrives home. Grace is all decked out in what you see here complete with a pair of Fat Babies western boots.
Me: "What happened to the phone call?"
Me: "That's what I thought. How much was this?"
And I'm thinking 50 - 60 bucks total. How much could stuff for a five year old cost anyway?
Candace: "It came to 140 bucks. Grace picked everything out herself and in order starting with the boots."
I don't mind buying stuff that costs a bit but I do mind buying stuff for a five year old that she'll soon grow out of. Well, you can't take it with you. The shopping spree will no doubt be one of those priceless memories for Candace and for Grace.
And here's those Fat Baby boots. Everyone has heard about Fat Babies except me. Last time I heard the term Fat Babies was in a topless bar.
"Dude, look at those fat babies."
And then there's the purple belt and buckle that Grace just had to have.
Grace is all ready to Cow Girl Up in Big Valley. Now if it would ever stop snowing in the Valley maybe we can saddle up and take a trail ride.
Happy Weekend! Yahoooo!
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (380)
- DOES MY BUTT LOOK OKAY? I've ranted about clothing...
- THE ROAD HOME I drive this road every day. Here's ...
- SNOOZERS! Zoe is a snooze bug. She loves her morni...
- Dirty Politics!
- Swinging Saturday Music
- WINTER IN BIG VALLEY I took this photo driving to ...
- COW GIRL UP!Last weekend, while working at my desk...
- THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED January 11th. It will be s...
- WHAT GIRL FRIENDS DO GUYS WOULD NEVER GO THERE Gra...
- POST NUMBER 499! Who would have thunked it? This i...
- MEET "FLIRT"!There's a new member of the family. ...
- TMI TIME! Here goes for another round of stupid q...
- CANDACE'S SPECIAL DAY It's the wife's birthday tod...
- HELL'S BELLS! I will be in the Valley for Valentin...
- SCREECH!!! CAW! CAW! CAW! One of the schools under...
- MA HAUL HOE! It's been a little over a year now th...
- 8:00 A.M. AND IT'S MINUS FIVE DEGREES There's a sh...
- AND THEN THERE WAS JUST ZOE Where there was once t...
- It's Saturday: Time to Float - Time to be Free
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2007 (322)