Thursday, January 31, 2008

ONE OF THOSE WEEKS

I could have lived without this week. It's been one of those.

Apart from the usual problems associated with my line of work, the electricity went out Tuesday night meaning there was no heat, no lights, no nothing in the Valley house.

So, to the local bar/hotel. Reserved a room in case the outage went past 9 p.m.

Two big mugs of beer later and at 7:00 p.m. power was restored.

Then there's the headache that won't go away. Is me or is the job?

I could go on about my shit week but why? No point in whinning.

So right now, it's snowing to the tune of 10 - 15 inches of more snow by tomorrow morning.

The question remains, what will top my week off. What will be the frosting on my cake?

I'll tell you what the topper will be: I haven't been home for two weeks. I haven't seen the wife for two weeks.

Two weeks without cavorting, people! Oh wife? It's CAVORTING time! Whoo hooo!

So, if they close the roads or require chains for four wheel drive vehicles over the moutains it will be yet another weekend in the Valley for Alone Again Bob.

And hell no, I'm not buying chains! Only if they come with whips, baby.

My effort at visual poetry today. It's a wheel attached to a sprinkler system that moves while irrigating fields of alfalfa. Cool to watch.


This taken out the front door but a few minutes ago.

This week just has to end on a positive note.

Happy Friday.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

twilite said...

Hi Bob! Great visual poetry! Have a good weekend.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States