In Cow Town it's easy to miss the beauty of the world. Stopping to smell the roses is removed from the vocabulary of every day living.
In the Valley, it's different.
The pace has slowed.
I take time to notice the sheer beauty of life.
New born calves and lambs.
The song of birds I've never ever heard.
Sunrise. Sunset. They're never the same.
Like this shot taken outside of the local coffee in the morning stop for the good old boys, Chatty Kathy's. Killer sunrise.
Then on the way to the house this afternoon I was hoping to get this shot. It's an every day occurrence - deer grazing in this meadow . . . and yes, that's one deer that's squatted for the pause that refreshes. . .
How awesome does this get? Deer in a meadow and not roadkill alongside the highway? That's how awesome it gets.
Would I live here?
Does a deer shit in the meadow?
Well, here it is, a deer shitting in the meadow.
Today the highway dept was stopping cars to allow for a 2 mile stretch of shoulder repair. We stopped for 10 minutes. I shot from the truck over my left shoulder.
Smelling the flowers.
Counting my blessings.
Best hold 'em up traffic stop I ever did have.
It doesn't get any better than this.
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (380)
- IF THIS DON'T GET YOU DANCING THEN GET OUT THE CLU...
- FILL 'EM UP FOR 121 BUCKS This oil thing is starti...
- EASY SUNDAY MUSIC DRIVE HOME
- SUNDAY SUNDAY Rarely do I post pictures of myself....
- DRIVING HOME MUSIC WITH A VIDEO MESSAGE
- HNT THURSDAY: NOT BOB'S BUTT It's someone's butt....
- DANCING WITH THE BUTT NAKEDS Shit. It's snowing ou...
- BUTT NAKED DANCING
- WHERE IS YOUR STANDARD PLANTED? I have four secret...
- FIRST LIGHT This is the view I'm treated to every ...
- HOLD THE PIZZA, PLEASE! Saturday night is usually ...
- I WANNA GET DOWN, DOWN ON THE GROUND!
- ANOTHER COW TOWN SATURDAY This was the picture tha...
- LIVING FOR THE WEEKEND Isn't that a song, living...
- APRIL IN PARIS IT'S NOT! I woke up to this yesterd...
- I've Got the Blues
- DUDE, WHAT YA BUILDING? I arrived back in the Vall...
- PORSCHE CARRERA HATS When I drive my new Porsche 9...
- MUSIC TO PASS SLOW ASS DRIVERS
- THINGS YOU'D NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT Yesterday ther...
- BEAUTY In Cow Town it's easy to miss the beauty of...
- HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH? I rent a duplex in the Valley....
- MEET ZINNI! As most of you know, our beloved Jilli...
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (322)