Monday, August 08, 2011

One Track Mind


It was close to 100 yesterday and I knew better than to even think about sailing.  No wind equals sitting on a boat that's not moving and sweating.  But I knew better.   Having tracked weather patterns over the past three days I found that around 4 in the afternoon there had always enough wind to power Sparkle Plenty.

At around 4 Wifey and one of her friends met me at the boat and off we went.


Yes indeed, once out on the water there was a breeze that filled the sails. The sail at 4 prediction was right on.


A man on a sailboard cruised alongside the boat several times.  We used to own and sail one.  Fun.  But owning a sailboat and a sailboard just didn't work out.  It was tough to make time to use one or the other.  The sailboat won out and the board was sold.

We sailed until about 7 then called it a day. 

Just another Sunday sailing for a guy with a one track mind.

1 comment:

La Roo said...

Summer Breeze makes me feel fine .Makes me think of that song

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States