Thursday, May 27, 2010

This Has To Be It

It's May 27th and close to 5 in the afternoon.  The weather?  Rain with a high of 53 degrees at the end of a Spring month that should bring nothing but sun and 80 plus degrees in heat.

I've burned through two and a half cords of oak this winter.  Three weeks ago it was cold, rainy and windy.  I made a fire and said, "This is the last one of the season."

Two week ago to the day it was cold, lots of rain and plenty of wind.  I made a fire and said, "This surely has to be the last fire until November."

Last week. . . well, you get the picture.

Then today.  Cold and rain.  No sun.  As I write this there's five sticks of oak left from the 2 1/2 cords. I'm burning those babies today 'cause this will definitely be and I want it to be the last fire of the season.

Bring on the sun.  Bring on the heat.  It's time for lots and lots and lots of 110 degree weather.

1 comment:

La Roo said...

No kidding. Jeez
We are not as cold as you guys, but we are not warm by any means for this time of year. We've been all warm and toasty this last week in Mexico to come home to it being nipply.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States