Saturday, March 22, 2008

HOME FOR A WEEK

Back home in Cow Town for Spring Break. It feels damn good to be home:

My own bed.

Water that looks and smells like water (Valley well water is yellow and smells like iron).

The wife's cooking.

Our dog Zoe to lick my face and remind me of how loved I am by at least one member of the family.

Temperatures 20 degrees warmer than the Valley.

Family.

Be it ever so humble (or decadent) there's no place like home.

The wife, Grace, Flirt the Pom, son Scott and daughter Dawn borrowed my truck a couple of weekends ago. They drove to Mt. Shasta and went sledding.

I stayed home, did chores, paid bills. Staying home after being in the Valley all week agrees with me.


Grace dug a hole in the snow and pretended she was going to sleep there all night.

The family will gather tomorrow for an Easter dinner at our house.

Ham.

Papa hamming it up.

Stupid Bob jokes.

One day they'll all miss what Bob brings to the table.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sexy Duet said...

The snow looks like fun. Happy Easter to you and yours, have a great weekend!

Ms SD

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Easter.
We are having steak for dinner, seemed odd to grill ham. Mr B is still stuck on the new grill.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States