Sunday, April 08, 2012

Whatta Schnozz

I'm looking a little like Jimmy Durante.  You probably don't remember Jimmy.  He's a celebrity from the 30's and 40's.  Known for his nose, his songs and maybe his acting.

When I look in the mirror I think WOW, I've got a schnozz just like Durante!!


And there it is.  Swollen.  Red.  Scabby.  What you're looking at is three weeks of treatment to rid my schnozz of skin cancer.  Basal cell carcinoma to be exact.  Serves me right.  Never used sun block.  Now look at me. 

I look at it this way:  This is much better than being sliced and diced.  You see, when nose cartilege is removed . .. that's one thing.  No big deal.  Only thing cartilege does not regenerate.  Any slicing or dicing on the old schnozz leaves craters that never fill in.  That's why I like the application of a cream that causes the basal cells to die and leaving no scarring.  I just look like hell, that's all.  People stare.  I tell them the wife bopped me a good one.  You should call the cops, they say.  I smile.

Three more weeks of medication.  Half way through.  I can do it. 

2 comments:

La Roo said...

Awwwwww, I'm so sorry. Damn dude it looks painful. You're getting through it though.
Hugs your way.

Bob said...

Wanna play Eskimo and rub noses?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States