Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


The memorial park seen here is the final resting place for mom and grandmother.  Both passed away suddenly.  No time for good-byes.  Here one day, gone the next.


Each Memorial Day the park is lined with flags with one planted on the grave of each veteran.  It's quite the sight.


Mom's "place" is to the left and close to the crest of the small hill.  She has a nice view.

It's quite a drive from here to there so there's not often an opporunity to visit mom or grandmother and tidy up their places.  It has to be at least three if not four years since the last visit to the park.  That's why my remains are going to be scattered in three places.  Damn it, I want visitors!  If my so called loved ones can't make it to one of the three once in a while. . . . .well, let's just say I'll be talking to the Lord and he'll take care of that!

If you'll ever want to look me up here's where:

A little bit along the Cowtown Riveria.

A couple of chunks in the waters of Hawaii.

What's left:  Cowtown Veteran's Cemetary.

Now don't get all anxious here . . . worried that I'm crappin' out on everyone .. . .here today and not here tomorrow . . .. or that you're going to get your inheritance loot sooner than thought.  Hell no, not the case.  Ain't gonna happen.  I'm the picture of health.  I got a good 40 plus years left and then some.   As a matter of fact I'm going to outlive everyone.  Any money that's left is going to the Old Hooter's Home.  Old hooters need all the support they can get.

Ya think?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States