WHO NEEDS AN ALARM CLOCK?
I have an internal alarm clock. There's been no need to set the alarm to wake up at a certain time for years.
If I tell myself to wake up at 5 o'clock I wake up at 5 o'clock.
In my new environment I feel like a Dr. Pepper commericial. Remember those? Have a Dr. Pepper at 10, 2 and 4.
There's a logging truck driver who lives behind where I live. Every weekday morning at 2 a.m. he fires up the logging truck, much like the one in the picture and let's it idle for 20 minutes.
Brrrrrhummmmm. Brrrrrrrhummmmm. Constant noise from the truck permeates the walls of the house and into the bedroom. For 20 minutes. Then the truck pulls out and all is quiet.
Until 4:00 a.m. Then the fellow who lives in the duplex ahead of mine fires up his truck. Let's it warm, just like the log truck driver, for 20 minutes.
Brrrrrhummmmm. Brrrrrhummmmm. After 20 minutes this guy gets in his truck and leaves.
Me? I'm wide awake. There's no going back to sleep. Like Dr. Pepper leaving out the 10 p.m. drink - there's 2 and 4 left to consume.
I think about sugar in the gas tanks. I think about ice picks applied to the tires. I think about parking my truck outside their bedroom window and let it run all night. But diesel in Cow Puncher Valley - today, mind you - is 3.60 a gallon. Not worth the cost.
So I think about moving somewhere else. And I probably will in time. Some where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play . . . where seldom is heard . . . trucks warming up at all hours of the night!
I need a nap.
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (380)
- ► 2008 (376)
- WHO NEEDS AN ALARM CLOCK?I have an internal alarm ...
- FALL COLORS Out the backdoor of the Cow Town house...
- And then for dinner in Cow Town we had
- HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT? It was back to Cow Town tod...
- I AM AN IDIOT I was there. The Summer of Love. San...
- YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW You don't know. You really...
- COWBOY SPELLING CONTESTHey buckeroos. Kan youse sp...
- I LIVE HEREFor the next 8 months I'll live here.R...
- I THINK I'M BACK A year ago the wife and I were in...
- Say Hello to the Cow Puncher Valley Jug Band!
- WHEN THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO . . .And then I go...
- BOOZE, BULLETS, BEER AND LOTTO I'm living 20 miles...
- ▼ October (12)