HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT?
It was back to Cow Town today. The wife and I celebrated by going out for a Mexican lunch.
Server: Hey guys. How's it going?
The wife hates being called a guy. Less than 3 minutes in the restaurant and we're already off on the wrong foot.
The wife orders. Then it's my turn.
Me: I'd like the combo plate chicken enchilada and carne asada taco.
Server: Would you like refried beans or hole beans?
Me to the wife in a quiet voice: She just asked me if I want hole beans. What the hell are hole beans? Are they like beans that have been run through someone and recycled?
Wife: Right. This is just great. Not 10 minutes back in Cow Town you're already screwed up and you're thinking W.H.O.L.E is H.O.L.E. My gawd, is there a diesel exhaust leak in your truck and you've fried a few thousand brain cells? Get a grip, Bob. You're back in civilization. Straighten up! It's WHOLE beans and not HOLE beans.
Me: Well, it sounded like HOLE beans to me and I want no part of that! The server should have spelled it for me.
Wife: Pipe down and eat your HOLE or WHOLE beans.
In Cow Puncher Valley we don't have to worry about whether the beans are HOLE or WHOLE.
While I was sitting there eating whatever those damn beans were a song ran through my mind.
Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam, and the Beans and the antelope play . . . .
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (380)
- ► 2008 (376)
- WHO NEEDS AN ALARM CLOCK?I have an internal alarm ...
- FALL COLORS Out the backdoor of the Cow Town house...
- And then for dinner in Cow Town we had
- HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT? It was back to Cow Town tod...
- I AM AN IDIOT I was there. The Summer of Love. San...
- YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW You don't know. You really...
- COWBOY SPELLING CONTESTHey buckeroos. Kan youse sp...
- I LIVE HEREFor the next 8 months I'll live here.R...
- I THINK I'M BACK A year ago the wife and I were in...
- Say Hello to the Cow Puncher Valley Jug Band!
- WHEN THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO . . .And then I go...
- BOOZE, BULLETS, BEER AND LOTTO I'm living 20 miles...
- ▼ October (12)