Saturday, October 20, 2007

I THINK I'M BACK

A year ago the wife and I were in Hawaii. Almost to the day.

Turtle Bay Resort, the land of milk and honey and don't forget to leave your wallet at the door. Expensive for what was given back in return. Can't say I'd recommend a stay at Turtle Bay.

That said, Turtle Bay is located on the northern end of Oahu. It's rural. Few tourists. My kind of place.

The wife says, "Look like you're having fun. I want to take your picture." She always says that. On the inside I'm always having fun. It doesn't always look like that on the outside.
This is the day we got lost in the jungle. The wife says, "Follow me, I know the way." Yup. Last time I'll do that.

The TV series Lost? We hiked in the area where Lost is filmed. And I can see how Lost got lost. We went around in circles. The so called right path was not.

We found our way back to the hotel. And I'll never ever be a follower when someone says, "Follow me, I know the way."
There are lots of plants and flowers in Hawaii that are not seen on the U.S. mainland. Like this one.

So I'm back. Internet was installed in the little house I'm renting in Cow Puncher Valley. There's telephone service, too. Did I mention my satellite system is up and working. And there's cold beer in the refrigerator. Hell, am I living in paradise or what?

Look for pictures of the Valley and Bob's digs soon.

The wife is visiting this weekend. She brought the girls. Zoe has problems with the kneecap on her left rear left so she's resting. Jilli wants to go outside and explore. She also is game to take on the black Lab who lives next door. You just have to love bravado.

Gotta run. It's time to head out for Saturday breakfast and a little exploring.

Later, gators!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Evalinn said...

Being lost is not so bad. Especially on vacation. Lots of fun and exciting things can happen!

Deech said...

Never Been to Hawaii...I don't think they will let me in.

Flyinfox_SATX

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States