Wednesday, November 08, 2006

SO ARE YA FEELING LUCKY, PUNK?

The Republican party must have spent umpteen thousands of dollars on pestering voters with "personal" messages from Arnold, Georgie and any other celebrity.

Yesterday afternoon the last call came from a Republican volunteer calling from area code 949.
Hello Mr. Watson?

Yes, this is Mr. Watson.

I am John, a volunteer with the Republican party. I just wanted to make sure you had taken time today to vote.

Yes, I voted by absentee ballot a few days ago.

Great. Did you vote Republican?

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

I wanted to use the Dirty Harry line that is so famous but bit my tongue instead. The guy would have really thought that I was bonkers if I used those lines. So I replied:

Are you kidding? Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind would vote Republican today based on the performance of its officials in office? Do I need to throw George Bush's name out there along with the war in Iraq as to why I am ashamed to be a Republican?

Silence.

Well Mr. Watson, thanks for voting anyway. Goodbye now.


The birthday party that would never end somewhat culiminated with Grace seeing Disney on Ice this last Sunday with her mom and Candace.

The top picture is just before Capt. Hook gets eaten. Mickey is shown here campaigning for Arnold for Govenator.

Sure sign my mind knows that it's retired came this morning.

I wanted a soft drink so I went to the garage refrigerator where we keep them. Pulled out a drink, took it back in the house, sat down at the computer, popped the top and sipped. What I thought was a soft drink was really a can of Budweiser. There are two distinct sections in the refrigerator for soft drinks and beer. My subconscious said, I need a Beer! And I took one not looking once at the label.

I thought to myself that somewhere in the world it is 5 o'clock and paused for a moment before emptying the contents of the can down the sink drain. 10 a.m. is just too early on a Wednesday morning for that first can of Bud.

Geeze, I guess I really am retired now. Even my subconscious is getting with life on easy street.

Last thought? 4 more years of Arnold in Sacramento is one more reason to leave the Golden State. Brookings here I come!! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States