Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Reality


Here's a photo taken today to Sparkle Plenty in slip 80, her home for the season.  She's moored next to the patio boat with the burgundy cover.  The marina guys claim that Sparkle Plenty is always the cleanest boat on the water.  She is.  I have the blisters to prove it.

You've heard the term "reality check".  It usually comes up when someone thinks you're whacked, out of sorts, off base, etc.  You need a reality check.  It's a roundabout way of saying, "I think you're fucking nuts".

I do my own reality checks without anyone suggesting it (at least out loud or not behind my back).  Being on the water is one.  Alone.  The wind in my face, the sun on my back, the smell of water and trees co-mingled, the sound of water fowl, waves slapping across the bow of the boat ... all of which brings me to face my inner self. . .the inside, the inner workings, the soul of Bob.  It's peaceful.  It's reflective time. 

The questions in the mind run rampant . . . .what are you doing, where are you going, why are you doing that, what's next, are you being too nice, are you being to much of a shit and so on and so on and so on.  I over think the peace and quiet when I should just let it be.

So, my answer to all of those questions is always, I don't give a shit and I'm doing to do what I'm doing to do.  So there, inner self.

And that's what Bob is all about.  I hate complexity.


It's time for baby ducks and geese at the marina.  I shot this today when leaving the parking lot.  I like the baby gosling stepping out on its own while the others take up the rear.  A true leader. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States