Monday, December 19, 2011

Paul Newman Is Hud

With Wifey out shopping Saturday night, it was Home Alone Bob's choice of dinner and a movie.  I just love date night with my little old self.

Round Table pizza (thin crust, pepperoni topping).

The 1963 Paul Newman film, Hud.  Probably the third or fourth time I've seen it, the most recent being five or more years ago.

In the film Newman has a line that rings true even today. 

"This country is run on epidemics, where you been? Price fixing, crooked TV shows, inflated expense accounts. How many honest men you know? Why you separate the saints from the sinners, you're lucky to wind up with Abraham Lincoln. Now I want out of this spread what I put into it, and I say let us dip our bread into some of that gravy while it is still hot."

Timeless.  Priceless.
 
If you subscribe to Netflix on Demand it can be yours tonight.  Better order your pizza ahead of time.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States