Tuesday, February 08, 2011

They Sucked!


Sunday's Superbowl. . . half time activities....I thought the Black Eyed Peas sucked.  At the time I thought well, maybe it's me . . ., old school Bob. . . . maybe I should get out of what ever musical era I'm in, shift gears and enter a new century of music.

Today CNN's Poll made me feel that I may not be so out of the loop after all. ..

CNN On-line Poll
Which recent Super Bowl halftime performer was best?


Springsteen
29%


Prince
23%

Tom Petty
16%

The Who
16%

Black Eyed Peas
15%


Total votes: 73715

Need I say more?

2 comments:

La Roo said...

I actually liked the Black Eyed Peas. So, I'm in the 15%.

I know music is just subject to opinion. But I'm guessing the average football fan is pretty mainstream middle America that doesn't venture into a wide variety of different venues of art and or music. That's clumping, I know but most beer drinking, belching guy, scratching his balls in the sports bar or living room doesn't really get past AC/DC Back in Black. Just sayin....That isn't a bad thing but ........but come on.

Bob said...

Okay, okay, okay. . .. I really like and listen to the BEP's but hated their Super Bowl Performance. It was sooo canned and artificial ....lacking soul.

I think I live next door to the guy you're describing. Nice dude. An attorney. But different.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States