Friday, August 25, 2006

Life is a bowl of strawberries!
Today has been a wonderful day, a day of joy, a day of reflection and certainly a day of gratitude.

Why? A CT scan taken of Candace's sinus area above her left eye last yesterday afternoon (labeled as being a Stealth CT scan) revealed that the mass previously shown on earlier scans (thought to be inverted papilloma & popping up for the 6th time) was no longer there. Her surgery scheduled for this morning cancelled and Candace put back on an every four weeks exam schedule. Whooopeeee!

So yes, today has been a day of all those things written above and oh yes, a day of immense relief. Life is good. Now we can make plans to travel without having to worry about the effects of what could have been surgery perfomed today.

As I drove back from Sacramento this afternoon, the last scene of the film American Beauty kept running through my head. This particular scene is right after Kevin Spacey's character is killed off. Kevin, whose character narrates throughout the film, comments on how he feels about that.


"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me ... but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst ...

And then I remember ... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry ... you will someday."

In the Watson house, our hearts are filled with the beauty of the world and with gratitude. Live everyday to its fullest.



P.S. The picture was taken just before a special family dinner at the Watson household in April. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Max said...

Let's hope it's gone for good. Although isn't it odd that it just disappeared?

Bob said...

As the physician said last Friday, whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Whiskeytown Lake, Very Northern California, United States